Special K Protein Water (also called K2O) is a type of product created by Kellogg’s, a company that is best known for its breakfast cereals. That said, this manufacturer also has a line of products that are meant to help dieters to lose weight and other people to help...
Protein supplements are a form of nutrition source and alternative food product that are often used by athletes and body builders in order to ensure that they receive the amount of protein intake that they require every day in order to meet their goals. There are several different types of protein supplements, including protein bars, protein powders, meal replacements, and weight gainers.
The average protein supplements will usually contain somewhere from 20 to 30 grams of protein within every serving. They are generally also fortified with minerals and vitamins on top of that macronutrient. They come in a wide range of brands, forms, and flavors. Among them, fruit flavors are most common in the powders, weight gainers are most popular in cookies and cream, and protein bars are most popular in peanut butter.
There are many different terms that are used in the protein supplements marketplace. Becoming familiar with them can help you to make the best choice for your own needs. Some of them include the following:
- This is a single source of protein that has received chemical purification so that the protein is as pure as possible. Typically, an isolate has 90 percent or more pure protein.
- These sources usually contain 70 to 85 percent protein and will often include more carbs and fats. Whey protein is in this category, and it also includes lactose.
- These are a combination of a number of different sources and levels of purity. They are typically more affordable than isolates and are usually a combination of sources that are both fast and slow to digest.
- Amino Acids
- These are protein building blocks. The essential version of these substances cannot be synthesized and therefore must be consumed in food or protein supplements.
- Branched Chain Amino Acids
- These include isoleucine, leucine, and valine. These are essential amino acids and are vital to the synthesis of protein.
- Weight Gainers
- These are protein supplements (usually powders) that are high in calories to help athletes and body builders who need to gain mass quickly.
- Meal Replacements
- These are protein supplements that are designed to provide the nutrition and balance that can replace an entire prepared food meal.
- Recovery blend
- This type of product is meant to help the muscles and other parts of the body to recover after a workout.
Many athletes and bodybuilders try to make sure that they receive between 5 and 8 small meals that are high in protein every day. Protein supplements are helpful in making sure that this can be accomplished, even in a busy lifestyle that doesn’t allow for a large number of meal breaks.
Monster Protein is a type of dietary supplement that brings casein and whey protein together. The benefits of using it, according to its manufacturer, CytoSport, are that it helps to promote lean muscle growth and support muscle recovery. The supplement, itself, is...
RSP TrueFit is a supplement meant to help to boost your protein intake while simultaneously giving you an extra dose of vitamins and minerals. This product is gluten free, non-GMO and made from pasture raised ingredients. The entire formula is natural, with no...
Reflex Nutrition Micro Whey is a protein supplement shake meant to help dieters, athletes and bodybuilders to receive the protein they need in their diet where it is lacking from the whole foods they are eating. The Reflex Nutrition website claims their Micro Whey...
Modere SUSTAIN is an over the counter supplement in the form of a shake. Though it is not taken as a traditional tablets or capsules, it is meant to work in a similar way. The official Modere website claims that this product will help to suppress the appetite in order...
Plexus 96 is an over the counter weight loss product that is meant to work by replacing traditional meals made out of whole food with a shake. The goal of this product is to control the nutrient and caloric intake for dieters during one of the meals each day. This...
Red Supplements Ice Cream Protein is a whey based product made with natural ingredients and manufactured in the United States. For the purposes of this review, the focus will be on the chocolate flavor of the product, though it is also sold in strawberry and vanilla...
Protein Energizer Acai Berry Blast is a nonprescription protein and energy support product manufactured by a company called Rainbow’s Light. This product is meant to be great tasting while producing the boost that is needed by many athletes and bodybuilders. This...
Matrix Alpha-Test is an over the counter supplement aimed at bodybuilders who want a testosterone building protein blend. The goal of using this product is to achieve an anaerobic state so that muscle growth will accelerate. This product can be used during many...
PhD Diet Whey Powder is a type of high protein blend that is geared toward dieters, athletes and bodybuilders. This isn’t supposed to be used as just a meal replacement. Instead, it is sold by PhD Nutrition in a number of different flavors in order to help people to...
Success Stories from Verified Users
Read verified user TRIMTHIN X700 success stories to see how real people have benefitted from this fitness and diet pill.